Friday, April 2, 2010

An Ode to my Solitude

That was just hours before my Satellite Geodesy assessment , when I was sitting alone in my classroom, staring the empty chairs and gloomy walls , thoughts flashed in my mind.. With one more year to go; To remain as a student of IRS. With my usual diary beside, I started expressing my thoughts. Though not a professional writer , I do write poems occasionally . They may not be fraught with excellent rhythmic phrases, yet go a long way in conveying my emotions.

And here goes my words for my beloved classroom , a block in IRS.

"Besoted in the solitude,
With the minds wandering far and wide,
Cloud of thoughts clobbered me.
The empty chairs humbled before
The silent walls waiting to bid me
Adieu in a couple of months.
In vain do I long for a time machine
The chance of my days to repeat again;
These happier hours will fly at present
yet remain to rehearse in future."


Ha! An assessment after this poem; Taking up a role of a technocrat after being a poet for a short time.

1 comment:

  1. It is impossible to be in solitude at IRS... (particularly in anna university)!

    ReplyDelete

I was bullied and harassed on Facebook.

Online harassment and gas lighting are fearful experiences that many of us struggle to speak in public. I recently got verbally abused, thre...