Sunday, April 11, 2010

ENVISAGING CHENNAI...



It is strange how images shape our thoughts and take us to the bottom of deeply incised canyons of thinking.

Yes, I'm going to give you a free Horoscope of Chennai City. Gee!! The transit period , when the urbanisation is going to be at its pinnacle;Infrastructure will transcend the limits of existing and visualised! With Skyscrapers getting ready to pierce the Sky,Sophisticated Bridges challenging the Developed countries, Chennai would soon soon be a mini-Texas. The govt of Tamilnadu is planning to open the Buckingham canal again which would enormously increase the benefits reaped through sea-trading.

Imperfect roads, stagnated water, mid-rise buildings.. Hold on ! Perhaps you would see all these archaic symbols of Chennai for very few days. Soon will the things change.. High-rise buildings , non-stop moving traffic,mammoth lounges- Perhaps this would be Chennai for us in 2020. Chennai is sure to achieve a pyrrhic victory.

The horoscope continues...Pals, seeing through the transit period, I wonder if there would dawn a day when we would all become Thomas Hood , pin pointing the current locations and searching for our houses in the future Chennai Map!

"I remember I remember
The school where I had studied,
The broken roads I trod"

There ends the free Horoscope. Friends these words are not just a prediction of future. It was all put forth by a technocrat from L&T . Yes, it was a lucid presentation on the Infrastructre development in Chennai. I was pleasntly surprised when he showed us these images of Chennai. I have a hunch that we would have many Burj-Khalifas and Petronas towers. The Chennai Secretariat which is presently under construction is the best quintessence for our Infrastructural growth.

My spirit flies in feathers, envisaging Chennai at its epitome of Pulchritude...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was bullied and harassed on Facebook.

Online harassment and gas lighting are fearful experiences that many of us struggle to speak in public. I recently got verbally abused, thre...