Thursday, December 18, 2014

A poet's pen in a scientist's hand

Last semester of coursework, and I was writing my final exam for one of the courses. It was just not yet another exam. It was different! It was unfolding something interesting and had its own style. I will tell you how.

How often we end up reading a question in an exam and smiling to ourselves ? How often we see something like , " Pick a topic from the course and write a poem" and feel a poet's pen in a scientist's hand?  I got reminded of those days when I used to blog poems. I carefully wheeled through a list of topics in mind and settled down for "RuBisCO - An enzyme responsible for photosynthesis".



RuBisCO
" Dancing and wandering in the wind,
          There fell a lone leaf,
   Resilient in its nature,
           Poignant in its form,
   Little does it know about its heart,
          That yearns to bind with CO2 and O2.


Converting every energy wave to sugar,

       Binding every molecule into Calvin cycle,
For oft, little does the lone leaf know its soul,
      Thy name is Rubisco. " 

5 comments:

  1. You came up with this one the spot !!! wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Aishu!!! Your my new favorite poet.. way to go Scientist or I rather say "Scientipoet"
    Cheers, Moksha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Moksha:) "Scientipoet" - i love the blend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very great article. I like this post, I am working in writing company of useful thesis writing guide. It is providing the guidance for college students to making their writing papers.

    ReplyDelete

I was bullied and harassed on Facebook.

Online harassment and gas lighting are fearful experiences that many of us struggle to speak in public. I recently got verbally abused, thre...