Friday, October 30, 2009

Bhava and rasa

Glad!!! It was a pleasant evening when i ultimately clobbered at the answer for a question which had been lingering in my mind for many days.. What's the prime difference between Bhava and abhinaya(RASA)????
Silly me.. I had been giving my facial expression even without knowing the difference between them...
Cool, so bhava is the mood created by a dancer in the minds of the audience..through her facial expression..
Rasa is the one which the dancer experiences to bring bhava in her audience..
So perhaps it must be rightly called as "NAVA BHAVAS ' and not "NAVA RASAS" as my guru quotes it often...

3 comments:

  1. Hey bhuva ,,
    u must definitely ponder over this as i we have had a very long discussions even disputes in this ... Cool ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi aishu...
    Check out the week magazine.. It had an article by shobana on dance...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sloka itself says.. "Yatho Hastha tatho Drishti:.... Yatho Bhavasthatho Rasaha". It is cler that Bhava and Rasa are different. Your Bhava creates the Rasa in the viewver!!

    ReplyDelete

I was bullied and harassed on Facebook.

Online harassment and gas lighting are fearful experiences that many of us struggle to speak in public. I recently got verbally abused, thre...